Sunday, December 23, 2018

Admin - weekly update 23 Dec 2018

Hello everyone,

This has been a great week, both in terms of posting up new material and in terms of exposure for the resource.

Let me talk about exposure first. After witnessing disaster after disaster with Facebook, I did a search for an alternative social media site... which I didn't find. But what I did find was a social media site dedicated to education - one that allows teachers, students, and parents to all be a part of. Schools use it to disseminate lesson plans and learning resources, home schoolers can use it to access the various learning apps and tools that are uploaded to it. And I have shared Fact-orials onto this site - Edmodo.com. Already I'm seeing an uptick in visitors to Fact-orials and I'm hoping I get some feedback from these potential users. I'm quite excited to be a part of edmodo and I hope Fact-orials helps students understand better various topics (primarily math right now but others in the future).

Speaking of math (and other topic) development, I finished working on the Order of Operations in terms of Integer operations. I realized that before I can finish the Rational Numbers, also for the Order of Operations, I had to introduce Irrational Numbers first, and so that has been done. I've also advanced Accounting Fact-orials with a couple of new entries. And lastly I got an entry in on Factorials when working with identical items within the population.

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks, I'll be introducing within Math Fact-orials real numbers, operations with variables, and finishing up operations with rational numbers. I'll also be  advancing Accounting Fact-orials to talk about different types of accounts.

I look forward to continuing to add entries to the resource and hope that users find it useful!

Until next week,
Parz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there - I'm glad to see you are thinking about or maybe even getting ready to post a comment! I moderate all comments so please be patient while I hit the "ok" button on yours. Feel free to make suggestions on web resources to add, directions the entries should go,... whatever. And thanks again for leaving some feedback!