Thursday, December 6, 2018

Admin - Fact-orials update

Hello everyone,

I'm very happy to say that I've got 60 entries done and posted in the Fact-orials resource and that number is (slowly) growing.

Basic fraction and decimal operations are now covered and I'll be expanding into exponential operations for more general sets of numbers (rational and real numbers).

Inspired by a recent news story concerning a paper on super permutations (where an author on the paper is an anonymous user from the 4chan website), I'll be spending a bit of time talking about combinatorics.

I've also started plans to bring accounting into Fact-orials - something I've been intending to do for a long time and I think the time is ready to start writing that alongside more mathematics, such as sets, geometry, variable operations, and the use of fractions in such things as ratios and rates.

I also hope to start talking about more esoteric subjects such as Tarot, astrology, and numerology - these topics are just as much part of the human experience as the hard sciences (and in many ways more so).

I hope that as Fact-orials grows, its usefulness as a go-to resource will increase.

As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there - I'm glad to see you are thinking about or maybe even getting ready to post a comment! I moderate all comments so please be patient while I hit the "ok" button on yours. Feel free to make suggestions on web resources to add, directions the entries should go,... whatever. And thanks again for leaving some feedback!